With the rise of AI technologies, your passwords are now more vulnerable than ever. A password containing only letters and numbers can be cracked using AI tools in mere seconds. Cybersecurity experts recommend using a varied combination of special characters, capitals, letters, numbers, and symbols when creating or updating your account passwords. If you are currently using passwords made up of only letters and numbers you are at risk of having your accounts compromised.
Secure Password Tips
- Never share your passwords with anyone, many bad actors will pose as a reputable company to trick you out of your passwords.
- Create passwords that are 18 characters in length, or longer. Use a combination of upper and lower case letters, symbols, and numbers.
- Never use personally identifying information in your passwords.
- Never use the same password on more than one account or application.
- Make use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) and identity confirmation solutions on your accounts.
Services and Solutions provided by Tech Mesa add extra layers of protection to your passwords. Anti-Spyware, Anti-Malware, and Anti-Virus are just some of the products we offer that can significantly reduce the risk of an account breach. Do you need heightened security for your business technology? Please contact us for a free consultation.